Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Langtang Valley - Kyanjin and back

I went on a trip to Kyanjin Gompa, in Langtang National Park about a month ago. I was just awestruck with the beauty of the place. So here I am sharing these photos. And I hope, you'll be enticed to go there once the winter is over. ;)

Click on one of the image for a larger view and a slide-show.
Winding roads on the way to Syabrubesi from Dhunche.

Landslides in the rainy season meant we had to walk to Syabrubesi from Dhunche. 

Many rivers with high currents can be seen along the way.




It was pretty foggy by the time I reached Langtang valley. I was waiting for my other commuters and suddenly the fog cleared up revealing this amazing view.

First sight of the snow covered mountains.




The same waterfall that I fell in love with.


After ordering our lunch I set off around the place and saw these yaks grazing against the magnificent backdrop. Kyanjin Valley.


A panoramic view of the valley.



After lunch, decided to go to Kyanjin Ri (one of the tallest peaks surrounding the valley). The small houses below is where I had my lunch.





View from the top.



Evening in Kyanjin and the clouds are starting to move in.


Evening in Kyanjin and the clouds are starting to move in.



Last Kiss



It was a day before full moon when I reached there. So had to take one during the night. The streak of light (bottom right) is my brother calling me for dinner.

Me with Langtang range in the background.


Click on one of the image for a larger view and a slide-show.

The whole trip took me seven days, KTM-Kyanjin-KTM. Would have loved to spend few more days in Kyanjin and explore some of the other peaks surrounding the valley. But there's always next time, and I would love to go there again and spend may be about 3 days in the valley if not more. Lets see. :) 

Here's a Time Lapse I made of the place with the little time that I had.


If some of you have your pictures of the place, share in the comments section. Would love to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment